Saturday, January 8, 2011

Turning Point

So it seems that that sermon was somewhat of a turning point for our family. As we got into the car that day, Braeden (our youngest) said, "You may not know this but I've always wanted a little sister". And I'll likely never forget Jeff's reply: "It's a good thing because you may be about to get one".

In all of the previous months, I had been convicted but Jeff, honestly, had not. And that's okay. Now, though, it seemed that God was beginning to soften his heart. And one of the things that it did was that it opened the door for us to discuss the things that I'd been reading and feeling a little more openly. Not that he had ever discouraged me from talking with him about it; it's just that I knew where he stood and I was at the point of trying to figure out what I was supposed to do; not what we were supposed to do.

I began to share more and more of the blogs and of the statistics that I'd become aware of. We began to dialog more and I continued to rest in the knowledge that God was working it all out. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment